This blog is mostly about my personal experiences, thoughts, and perceptions, but I recently read The Energy Bus by Jon Gordon and was so inspired by it that I feel compelled to share some of the wise words I gleaned from it with others. I strongly encourage this quick read.
Quotes and Thoughts from The Energy Bus
“The goal in life is to live young, have fun, and arrive at your final destination – as late as possible – with a smile on your face.”
“Positive teams produce positive results, and the essential ingredient is positive energy.”
“It’s the simplest lessons in life that are often the most profound and meaningful.”
“…trust, faith, enthusiasm, purpose, joy, and happiness” are the things that make up positive energy
“Your positive energy and vision must be greater than anyone’s and everyone’s negativity. Your certainty must be greater than everyone’s doubt.”
“Trust that great things are happening.”
“What would you rather be, corny and happy or buttoned up and miserable?”
The gift you bring to the world is “your presence of feeling good and being happy.”
“The heart’s electromagnetic field is 5,000 times more powerful than the brain.”
“If you are open to the signs (of life) and look for them, they will always tell you where your bus needs to go and what you need for your ride”
“When you bring out the best in others, you can’t help bringing out the best in yourself.”
“Trust is the high octane fuel that will take your bus wherever it needs to go.”
“Do not focus on the future because the future brings only what the present gives it.”
10 Rules for the Ride of Your Life
1. You’re the driver of your bus.
2. Desire, Vision, and focus move your bus in the right direction.
3. Fuel your ride with positive energy.
4. Invite people in your bus and share your vision for the road ahead.
5. Don’t Waste your energy on those who don’t get on the bus.
6. Post a sign that says NO ENERGY VAMPIRES ALLOWED on your bus.
7. Enthusiasm attracts more passengers and energizes them during the ride.
8. Love your passengers.
9. Drive with purpose.
10. Have fun and enjoy the ride
5 Ways to Love your Passengers
1. Make time for them
2. Listen to them
3. Recognize them
4. Serve them
5. Bring out the best in them